Taking off a Jaguar Boiler Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear readers,

I am in utter confusin and I need advise on how to remove a heat exchanger and cleaning it.My boiler a Jaguar combi 28 KTV J has had problems before but I managed to sort them out by repressuring the system. This time however, it packed about 3 months ago and I have still failed to fix it. The Corgi eng who came in was here for 10 minutes and he concluded that I needed a completely new boiler.

It is showing an F3 fault to which from my understanding is heat exchanger blockage. To my suprise today I came home and I switched it on and it fired up for 2minutes. The pressure vessel might releases water when I insert a pin in there. I looked at the PCB and it all seems to power up. The pump is also fine and so is the pressure bse it is at 1.3 Bar now but it wont start.As soon as I switch on, F3 comes on.

Am thinking that if I remove the heat exchange and give it a clean with the kettle cleaner, it might take me another month or two. I have attached a photo //www.diynot.com/network/dredeno79/albums/ ,any advise will be appreciated on how to remove the Domestic Heat Exchanger as it is blocked by the pump,the pcb and pressure valve.

Andrew

Sponsored Links
these boilers were made for plumb center by hepworth heating so you could try ringing heatcall they do a fixed price repair callout
to remove the heat exch you need to open the combustion chamber and that is illegal for you to do
Also the plate heat exchanger to come out means the gas valve has to be removed so thats another big no no
so forget about D I Y AND CALL an R G I to fix it its still a lot cheaper than a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back