tank connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a proper tool that should be used for tightening up the back of a tank connector, as I get so far and the whole thing starts turning.

Thanks

V

Sponsored Links
Yup - they're a pain, but some brands offer a way out...

Are there any lugs on the inside of the tank connector? If so, find a suitably large screwdriver, or pair of drivers, that you can jam inside and hold the body firmly.

Another alternative is the John Guest Speedfit plastic tank connectors - they have an easily grippable part on the inside.

Yes there is a tool made for the job. I have 2 but can't find one on the web. They're a cast iron lump with tapered hex for rad valves, internal and external lugs, air vent removing ends, and usually a plastic bit hsoved on for holding basin wastes still.
Quite common in plumbers merchants.

yes...there is a toll made specialy for it.

we all them...both sizes. (15 and 22)

its the formers from ur benders...they sit it the lugs a treat.....

(mind you they do mark the former)

Sponsored Links
i believe the tool is/was made by monument as a basin/rad spanner in a tee shape with various applications or the older plumbers use a spud key used to make up rad valves up to 1" pipe connections.

Scoured the Monument cat and couldn't find it.. What's a "spud" key brip?

so that`s a spud key lying in my old toolbox :LOL: along with the caulking irons and rawlplug jumper

right bes do the multi purpose key part no 16388 in their cat the lugs always break for the waste holder[plastic :rolleyes: ]now a spud key is around 6" long with a 1"1/4 nut in the centre on each side are different sized lugs which fit inside the rad tail to enable it to rotate,one side has slots in it to fit the lugs inside the tail the other is plain,this is the only tool to use on old rads with 3/4 or 1" tails bit of heat on the rad 18" stilsons and rotate to undo.hope you can figure out what i mean.next on the list is who knows what a podger is and what it is used for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back