Tanking Aquapanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a question for any experts that are willing to share their advice.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a shower cubicle to replace the old one that disintegrated like soggy cardboard along with the chipboard flooring (wet weetabix) in my 5 year old house.

Don't want any chance of a repeat occurance so I am using aquapanel rather than plasterboard then I will tank it before tiling.

I have read a lot of posts that insist that aquapanel should be skimmed with tile adhesive prior to tanking.

Can anyone tell me why this is? The Dunlop tanking kit I will be using says it is suitable for use on cement/fibre boards. Skimming and then tanking and then tiling will mean that the new tiling will not sit flush with the rest of the room.

If there's a good reason why I have to then I will, as I said I don't want to take any chances, but Dunlop don't mention it as a requirement.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back