Tanking walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm finally getting started on my wet room and am going for an impey aqua dec and was going to use their tanking membrane on the floor. I'm keen to tank the walls however I'm concerned of using this membrane on the walls due to tile weight issues. My Dad did a wet room and used the impey membrane then tanked the walls (guess over lapping floor to wall membrane) with a liquid bal tanking kit. He went for this as impey recommended bal therefore I'm thinking the same solution will work for me but wanted to double check this was a recognised method before proceeding...

Thanks for any advice ;)

EDIT:

Spoke to Impey, they suggested the BAL kit over their tanking and said I shouldn't use their matting on walls so I will go with this method...

Sponsored Links
You can’t rely on MR boards in wet areas, if you want a wet room to last you should fully tank the walls in wet areas & ½ tank (or at least 1m up) the walls elsewhere.

Explain more about your concerns with tile weight issues?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back