Tap Access Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The genius who installed the bathroom in the house I now own forgot about accessing the plumbing after the installation was done :rolleyes:. These taps are now very stiff to turn. Is it feasible to strip them down in situ, with no access below, and if so, how risky an operation? Is there a danger of the pipework twisting and shearing as I try and get them undone?

Thanks

Lloyd

Sponsored Links
The genius who installed the bathroom in the house I now own forgot about accessing the plumbing after the installation was done :rolleyes:. These taps are now very stiff to turn. Is it feasible to strip them down in situ, with no access below, and if so, how risky an operation? Is there a danger of the pipework twisting and shearing as I try and get them undone?

Thanks

Lloyd

Fancy taps.
Are these bath taps or a shower?
I would have thought cap of the taps comes off then a screw undernear
then a simple cartridge inside. Take out clean up and silicon grease.
Or might need a new cartridge.
Sorted.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't risk taking that cartridge out without access underneath.

To remove that cartridge I would bet you will need to hold against on the fitting (tap) will twist underneath and could cause a leak

Shouldn't need to undo the clip. Spray some wd40 over it, let it soak in then try turning the cartridge (nut) while holding the outer rim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back