tap problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all my other taps work fine but one that trickles instead of flowing
has anyone got any input for me

Sponsored Links
A few month ago I changed the washers in my taps (with help from this forum on removing the tap head) I had similar problem I had fixed the drip but had reduced flow, it was caused by the washer not lifting up properly, take the tap head off & have a look at the washer I rubbed my washers with corse emery clothe. All ok now. Well they were when I left for work.

Faulty washer? Spindle worn or limescaled up :( :)
Tap may need reseating.If you are confident change the tap with another you know works ( I have some old ones I keep for this purpose to avoid unnecessary expense). If this tap works then you know your tap needs replacing or washer renewal

Sponsored Links
I posted a similar problem some days ago, on the advice given I removed the tap body and seperated the two halves. Discoverd quite a build up of limescale which was not allowing the 'piston' part to move freely in the body. Quick dose of limelite and a rub with some emery cloth on the inside and job done. Replaced the washer for good measure as well.

Watch out for the thread on the tap body, mine was as sharp as a razor and left a nasty cut all along my thumb :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back