Tap Reseating ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Going to change a washer (basic plastic black type) on one of my taps but also thought it'd be a good idea to reseat the tap with a reseating tool at the same time. I bought one from B & Q a week ago and am using it for the 1st time. It comes with 3 silver serated discs, for use on the end of the tool. Which size is best to use, in your opinion? WIllo anyone that fits inside the tap be acceptable? Thanks for any last min advice :) ...

Sponsored Links
use the right one or it will leak constant.
you'll probably find you'll need the flat cutter. and don't go to mad with it cause they take quite abit off if not careful.

haven't used the reseating tool yet as a bit worried now!! how do i know exactly what the correct one is? a few of them actually fit inside the tap body....

look inside the tap where the washer sits. most are flat washers, but you can get domed etc

Sponsored Links
yeah i suppose, but as long as the tap reseater fits then i guess it must be fine? or is there a rule of thumb, ie the disc the same or similar size to the tap washer is the best one to use? i haven't any domed shaped discs with mine tool though just flat ones with serated bits on.

all depends what you paid for it i think mine has about six different heads.

i paid £8.99 for it. It had 3 heads but i don't know if you can you both sides of the heads? on all 3 they have 1 serated edge side and 1 flat side but i'm not sure if the flat side is supposed to be used or not?? ... sorry if i sound ignorant here.

oh i have seen the tradesman's tap reseating ket from bes in their catalogue. i take it it is a lot better than my little one! :)

can't remember what it was called have to have a look but its solid metal not like some i've seen with plastic handles etc. came in its own box etc

bes code 7641

yeah that's the one, in a case. i should have invested in a better quality one now. mine has the plastic handle!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back