Tap, slow flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One traditonal (Pegler) tap in the house has to be turned several times then stops solid, with only a drip to show for it. Seems to happen when visitors shut tap down (we close it gently to stop this repeating.) First time I replaced the washer, on further occurences I removed the headgear and found the jumper seems to be in slightly different positions each time. Can I lock the jumper? Is there any advice, as this tap is only 2 years old. Others of the same type, replaced at the same time are perfect. Any advice on reassembling new head gear to stop this?

Sponsored Links
the tap inards are unscrewing from each other, you need to turn off water remove tap head as if you are changing washer, remove circlip from tap spindle, gently knock spindle through tap, you should find the inner spindle has partly unscrewed from itself, retighten and refit all parts and you should be all up and running again

Thanks for quick answer, but the problem is I cannot keep the inards from unscrewing, it only seems to stay in position till someone shuts the tap down a little to hard. No harm in trying again though, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back