Tap tail and pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the sink in my kitchen. I've bought one to install, and a mixer tap to fit the sink which came with 400mm flexible tails. The existing pipework is copper all the way to the tap, but the installation is in a different place on this sink (50mm to the right), so flexible tails would be helpful. Unfortunately the way the existing pipework is configured means there's only a 220mm drop from the sink to the isolators. In concerned that if I try to use the flex tails I will bend them too sharply and pinch the rubber pipe inside, restricting the flow. Is this likely to be an issue? If it is, can I get short tails (200mm)? I looked but can't find anyone selling them. Or, can I get super-flexible tails that will allow a tighter turn? Or, am I missing some other way to do it? I'm happy to tackle most jobs, but I think the complete re-plumbing of the hot and cold to give me more space is probably beyond my ability.

Sponsored Links
If you carefully coil the tails - like the start of a spring - you can make the length shorter without kinking(y)

If too long can you "pigtail" them, like this if you know what I mean? Beaten to it.....

images

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back