Tap washers or clips. Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have worked out the problem with my bathroom tap but I need to know what you call this type of washer/clip.
Basically it is almost horseshoe shaped, flat with small projections on either side pointing inwards to clip it just inside the tap. I have tried to look for one but can't locate one without buying a whole new tap unit. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it called so I can try and locate one. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks a lot for the names. I've just checked them out and it's the e-clips I need. I now just need to find somewhere that sells them. A lot of places are selling them in bulk which I don't really need but I'll keep trying. Once again Cheers

Sponsored Links
jarik said:
thanks a lot for the names. I've just checked them out and it's the e-clips I need. I now just need to find somewhere that sells them. A lot of places are selling them in bulk which I don't really need but I'll keep trying. Once again Cheers

You can buy them individually at old-fashioned hardware shops, provided there is a grey-haired old man behind the counter, wearing a brown overall, and at motor accessory shops.

or you can go to the nearest diy shed and buy a cheap pair of taps and swap the guts...got to be easier ,surely :?:

Thanks for the suggestions. Funny enough I've just found them at an old fashioned shop with an oldish sounding man. Just hope they've got the one's I want in stock when I pop down. Really surprised that none of the main DIY sells them at all. I did also think that about buying a couple of taps and stripping them down but thought that was going a bit too far.

Just make sure he's wearing his brown overalls.

think "Fork Handles"

Love that sketch. Even the title gets me smiling. At 32 should I be admitting that!

This posting is kinda going off the fork handles but is still sort of related to DIY I guess. Ha Ha

jarik said:
Thanks for the suggestions. Funny enough I've just found them at an old fashioned shop with an oldish sounding man. Just hope they've got the one's I want in stock when I pop down. Really surprised that none of the main DIY sells them at all. I did also think that about buying a couple of taps and stripping them down but thought that was going a bit too far.
Please let us know how you get on.........a shop like that is invaluable

There's one monster shop like that in London, seen through the windows of the flat in the film "Notting Hill".
Called Nu-Line, if you ask for a staple to hold your credit card sllip to your receipt, they say "One staple, yes sir, what size?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back