Tape for Cushioned Vinyl Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to take up my vinyl flooring to over-board with ply, can anyone recommend a carpet tape or double sided tape for sticking the perimeter back down??
I've tried Duct Carpet Tape and Heavy Duty Double Sided Tape neither of which are particularly sticky! The original tape used was some sort of double sided cloth based tape and was REALLY sticky (I had to use white spirit to get it off of my hands when I took the floor up) but I don't know the name of it or where to get it from??

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the wrong type of tape was used in the first place. You need a antiplas double sided tape.

Also vinyl should not be perimeter stuck. It should be fully loose laid or full bonded with acrylic or epoxy adhesive.

Why do you need to re-glue the edges?

I guess there was a problem with the vinyl in the first place to be taped around the edges?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back