Tapping into an existing sewer pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping to convert my garage into a kitchen/diner and will need to tap into the drains to provide access for sink/dishwasher/washing machine waste.
Any ideas on how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Dig hole. Cut drain. Insert branch connector/manhole. Backfill.

I assume you’re aware that what you’re doing is controlled building work, subject to Building Regulations, a Building notice submission & inspection? & not just connecting into an existing foul drain!

jeds

Can you be a bit more specific?

Richard
Yes, aware that BC need to get involved.

Sponsored Links
I honestly can't think of much more to add. Work out where you want to connect - dig down and expose the pipe - fit in the appropriate channel/access, get it inspected and backfill. Which part of the operation are you unsure about?

Here is one I did earlier :LOL:

Dig trench

View media item 37306

Make hole in floor

View media item 37300

Lay pipe through floor hole, in trench & connect to inspection hatch

View media item 37303
In this case it's a connection to an existing hatch but you may need to install a complete new hatch.

Finish off drain connection including DPM repairs

View media item 37305

In light of your question are you sure you have enough knowledge to get to grips with Building Regulations requirements & what your LABC will expect in order to complete your project satisfactorily. :confused:

I am hoping to convert my garage into a kitchen/diner and will need to tap into the drains to provide access for sink/dishwasher/washing machine waste.
Any ideas on how this is done?
Are you aware of the depth of your drains?

Are there any inspection chambers on your property?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back