"Tapping" Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

Had a New Central Heating System installed January. HEATLINE Boiler.and New pipework. Had problems with boiler which i wont bore anyone with but the problem at the mo is the "tapping" in the pipes under our bedroom floor! It happens for about a couple of hours after the heating comes on.

Ive been told it could be pipes resting on joists but i know the plumber did put some sort of lagging under the pipes?

Any pointer in the right direction would help cheers.

I have bleed the rads.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
could be the pipes to close together at some point

I fitted my own central heating and am experiencing a tapping noise when the boiler lights. Once the water gets up to temperature the tapping stops it points to the pipes being too tight running through the joists and tapping as they expand and heat up.

Too tight together or do you mean resting on the joist?

Sponsored Links
I get the same thing. It is not a 'wrenching' or 'expansion on wood' sound, it sounds literally just like someone tapping a penny against the pipework.

It comes and goes in no particular pattern.

Its mainly under the floor in the bedroom so it drives us both flipping mad! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back