Taps - High Pressure vs Low Pressure Systems. What do I have

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to buy new bathroom taps and have seen that some are for high pressure water systems, and some for low. How do I know what mine is ? What is the result if I fit the wrong ones ? We have a Worcester 28i combi boiler (if that helps in any way). Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Tank fed = Low pressure
Mains fed = High pressure

Man difference is that there are non return valves fitted to the high pressure taps

Worcester 28i is a combi and therefore hot and cold are at Mains pressure and there is enough to force open the non return valves

Sponsored Links
Thanks... we were having a problem with the hot water in the one bathroom never getting hot enough. A guy came out and said the flow rate through the tap was too high and if we turned the tap to 75% on then it would be very hot. Seems to have worked, but I thought that maybe it was a problem with the "wrong taps".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back