Tapstat Help Please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have just come back from holiday to find out that my dad thought my the water from my taps was too hot so decided to change it and in doing so has broken the tapstat. I now have no hot water coming from my taps but the tank which supplies the heating is scalding hot. I would really appreciate your help as to what I can do if you need more info just ask but I am a total novice so you may have to walk me through it.

Thanks in advance for any help I'm pretty desperate so I would be really grateful for your help

Sponsored Links
now have no hot water coming from my taps but the tank which supplies the heating is scalding hot. grateful for your help
Turn the thermostat on the boiler down :idea: . Best time of year because you don`t need the rads on ;) Then Google Tapstat - if it`s a Drayton one - you can contact them direct for tech. information and then buy a new head , with a bit of luck

cheers for your reply Nige F i know this is gonna sound really really dumb but i'm pretty sure my boiler is old as you like it was in the house when we bought it and there is no obvious thermostat on the boiler it's a baxi if that helps

Sponsored Links
I what way is it broken? If its broken and falling off the main body and you still have no hot water then I would suggest the pin is jammed in the body and the valve is closed. Depending on age these can be difficult to free off(just like a TRV pin) and may require the whole valve replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back