Tarmac in Residential Floors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time ago I posted information about my experience of finding occasional Tarmac Floors in residential houses.
The usual ignorant posters leapt about in near psychotic excitement that such a claim could be made.
Mouths frothing, they piled in to deny that Tarmac could ever have been used inside a residence.
Such is what sheer ignorance can do to grown men(?).

The recent post - "Edwardian house, flooring surprise" - shows pics of the OP's Tarmac floor, & apparently all his ground floors will be revealed to be Tarmac.

And guess what, all the deniers have been mouse like silent - not a whimper.

Sponsored Links
I'm currently shovelling 4 tons of hardcore into my floor slab. Stinks of tarmac. Presumably road planings or some such. Lovely smell.

Hail Bob the Tarmac Meister

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sponsored Links
Some time ago I posted information about my experience of finding occasional Tarmac Floors in residential houses.
The usual ignorant posters leapt about in near psychotic excitement that such a claim could be made.
Mouths frothing, they piled in to deny that Tarmac could ever have been used inside a residence.
Such is what sheer ignorance can do to grown men(?).

:ROFLMAO: Remember this one tel ?

I've seen an extension built straight of a tarmac hard standing, had been up over 5 years, unbelievably it hadn't moved!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back