Techflow QT80 pump for shower and bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace a Techflow QT80 pump and run the shower (thermo bar shower) and mixer bath tap from it, can anyone see any problems with this?

Sponsored Links
Use a Stuart & Turner - Monsoon pump.

What is the set up at the moment?

Andy

Hi,

The set up at the mo is crap to be honest. It sits under the bath and runs a hot and cold to the bath mixer tap and then also running from the bath mixer tap (in microbore then 15mm is one hose running to a shower with a big head up a pole - it has never worked properly (surprise surprise) not sure why you would do it this way as the temp can never be controlled. I want to replace it with a bar shower.

The pump should be next to the hot water cylinder, as they are meant to push the water and not pull it.

Can you post pictures of your set up and pictures of your cylinder?

Andy

Sponsored Links
The pump should be next to the hot water cylinder, as they are meant to push the water and not pull it.

Can you post pictures of your set up and pictures of your cylinder?

Andy

I think ive attached two pics....the cylinder is on the same floor in the house but is probably about 10-12m away, it is a massive cylinder, it almost looks industrial.

Im not there so can't get a pic of the cylinder....has this pump just been put in completely wrong?

In a word........Yes. The pump should be next to the cylinder.

Andy

Hmmmmm that is a crappun indeed, I can't think what the person was thinking putting it there?

Im sure ive seen them under the bath in other houses?? Or are they different types of pumps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back