Techwood TV 26832 HD Digital possible PSU problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,just wondering if this is the right part for a repair on a TV I have. I have a Techwood 26832 HD Digital bought from Morrisons in 2009. Yesterday it has stopped working and no standby light or power seems to be going to it.
It cost £199.99. I have located the fuse inside the TV and changed it ,only for it to blow like the original one in it. Would this be a PSU issue? Would purchasing this- "Techwood 26832 HD DIGITAL - PSU - 17PW22-4 - V4 - 190608 - 20401071" from flattvparts.co.uk be the solution? No other parts seem to be bubbled up or shrinkage on the circuit board and all connectors are in place. If you can help,great. if not, no worries but I thought i would ask first as I'm doing repair myself with electronic minded teenage sons. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Never, ever, replace an internal fuse without first making sure that you fixed the fault that caused it to melt. Doing so will sometimes make the damage worse.

Diagnosis of the cause requires proper test equipment and/or the experience of someone who has worked on this model. If you replace the PSU board and the fault lies elsewhere, you risk killing the new PSU and making the damage worse.

Frankly, 5 years out of a cheap supermarket TV is pretty good. I'm not sure I'd want to spend any money on it. It's of the age when more parts are going to fail.

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to replace the power supply? Mend the power supply you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back