Teeing off hot and cold water for new downstairs Shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've been practicing me bending and soldering skills on bits of scrap pipe, and I'm feeling confident I can successfully connect up a toilet, basin, and shower to a new downstairs cloakroom/shower room (inclusion of shower depends on whether I can wedge one in, as it will be tight). In addition to this, 'er indoors wants a dishwasher plumbing in.

I'm happy enough cutting the water pipes just after the kitchen sink between it and the boiler, and soldering in a new run for the new shower room, along with a couple of connectors for a dishwasher.

I'm just wondering if you lot have any tips or things to watch out for. I've heard mentioned that you should try and tee into 22mm pipe from the main supply, however as soon as our supply comes into the house it reduces immediately to 15mm.

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
I'll start you off..

Why don't you put a couple of full bore isolation valves in at this stage so as you are progressing with the job you will have full control without having to keep switching the rest of the house off.

I wouldn't worry about the 15mm tee off, if that's what you have then go for it.

You have to have an isolation valve at the wc.

I would think about letting building control know.

Andy.

Yeah Building Notice is already in (and has been for over a year lol), it's just one of the things I was going to contract out, but I'm starting to get the confidence so fancy having a go meself. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back