40mm To 50mm Tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm sorting out the wastes for our new downstairs shower room and utility room.

I've cored through the wall for a 40mm waste from the shower and now need to arrange the pipe along the outside wall to the svp, the utility room is upstream of the shower and will have a washing machine and tumble dryer in a standpipe.

I was thinking to run a 50mm waste along the outside wall for both wastes to feed into but I can't seem to find a reducing tee that will take a 40mm waste on the t piece then 50mm either side to go on the shower waste.

Does such a thing exist or am I unnecessarily making the outside pipe too big at 50mm and a 40mm waste will cope with all 3 items into it? I can't forsee many days when the washing machine would be draining at the same time as the shower being in use but it may happen.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
If you need to upsize the pipe, then use a standard 50mm tee and 40mm pipe reducer.

I've seen them but I'm concerned how close I'll be able to get everything to the wall if I add the reducer into the tee

Could you place the tee slightly lower and use a knuckle elbow?

Sponsored Links
IMG_20221106_094854.jpg

IMG_20221106_095229.jpg

This is what we're working with, that 40mm waste needs to get to the svp sticking up to the left. Utility waste will come out about 300mm to the right other side of those bricks.

Taking the shower trap apart looks like I could get a snake down it if required and I'll put a rodding point on the utility pipe end to rod the full length.

I just need to get that 40mm waste and the 40mm waste from utility upto 50mm so I can run a 50mm along the wall.

IMG_20221106_122910.jpg

IMG_20221106_122919.jpg

IMG_20221106_122826.jpg

I think we're there, cut a section of brick out to allow the 50mm tee to fit close enough to get a pipe bracket fitted. Used a 50mm to 40mm reducer that fits inside the tee so that it doesn't interfere with lengths.

Got plenty of fall, possibly too much for the washing machine but it's fully accessible for rodding so hopefully should be an issue.

What's the best way of connecting the 50mm solvent weld to the short boss pipe? Also I will need to cap off the centre opening on the short boss, what's the best way?

Thanks
Chris

What's the best way of connecting the 50mm solvent weld to the short boss pipe? Also I will need to cap off the centre opening on the short boss, what's the best way?

Thanks
Chris
I would use something like this along with a boss adapter and perhaps a soil cap on the top.

That's the short boss I have, a toilet will be going in the top its just the middle one of the 3 small bosses I need to cap off as it comes predrilled and is in the wrong place for my install.

You’d need a cap/plug then, or take back the short boss and swap for a strap boss.

Short boss works better for me as there'll be another pipe coming into the left of it so just need to find a solvent weld cap for that front exit

The front (back) exit on a 3 port short boss should be sealed unless it's been drilled open? If it has then a standard SW 50mm boss adapter with a 50mm SW blank or a rubber 50mm boss adapter with a 50mm blank in it should do the job,

That's a strange one, all the 110mm short boss I've used the boss' are always sealed and need cored.

th

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back