Waste modifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the middle of modifying my ground floor toilet, moving the toilet pan and hand basin positions. The toilet pan is not a problem as it goes back into the position it was about 4 years ago, the hand basin is where I've got an issue.
There is a 110mm horizontal soil pipe laid in the floor with one end into the vent stack and the other turned up with a 87.5 deg bend which is capped of with a 110 to 50mm eccentric reducer at floor level.

I want to connect the 32mm basin waste, along with a single 40mm waste from a double kitchen sink and a dishwasher, into the 110-50mm reducer. The distance from the common point of the double sink and dishwasher connection is about 2 metres and the hand basin sits almost directly above the 110 -50mm reducer.

There seems to be several ways to connect these items together but I'm not sure which would be the best.

A) I could connect the 40mm waste from the double sink and dishwasher into 110-50mm reducer via a 87.5 deg bend, and then connect the 32mm hand basin waste into a 40mm 'Tee' in the 40mm waste.

B) I could connect the 40mm waste from the double sink and dishwasher into 110-50mm reducer via a 40mm 'Tee' connector, and then connect the 32mm hand basin waste into that 40mm 'Tee' connector.

C) I could connect the 40mm waste from the double sink and dishwasher into 110-50mm reducer via a 50mm 'Tee' connector, and then connect the 32mm hand basin waste into that 50mm 'Tee' connector.

See drawings of what I mean:-

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back