Teens killed in car crash..

Sponsored Links
Blimey, my stalker is after me. :rolleyes:

Go on then, get the hysterical name-calling over and done with. Then back this up with your special line in half-baked drivel. Maybe the odd 'C' word?

When you have finished, go away and stop pestering the adults.

P.S. I won't be replying to your inane posts, so find another hobby.

Go on then, get the hysterical name-calling over and done with. Then back this up with your special line in half-baked drivel. Maybe the odd 'C' word?

When you have finished, go away and stop pestering the adults.o

And your comment wasn't inane then?, cmon mate its only a joke time to get off the spirits

Sponsored Links

When you have finished, go away and stop pestering the adults.o

And your comment wasn't inane then?, cmon mate its only a joke time to get off the spirits
:D :D this feline is good ;)

more double standards on the forum i see.

just as well i have a thick skin. :LOL:

Too many "real life" car chase police helicopter shows on tv. Normalises that sort of activity and inspires the youngsters.

Parents need to teach their kids to distinguish between bad and BAD.

Too many "real life" car chase police helicopter shows on tv. Normalises that sort of activity and inspires the youngsters.

Parents need to teach their kids to distinguish between bad and BAD.

I don't recall car crime in the late '70's, early '80's? Maybe when the Sierra Cosworth came out, that instigated car crime? And as cars in the 70/80's were rubbish, people stealing them, didn't die, as they had to get out every 5 minutes to adjust the points, but now, steal a high performance car, and they can't control the power. And then they die. Darwin theory?

I don't recall car crime in the late '70's, early '80's?
Sorry, but that's just due to your poor memory and rose-tinted spectacles.

Modern cars with steering locks and immobilisers are far more difficult to steal.

Road deaths are also much lower now, thanks to seat belts, crash helmets, better brakes and tyres, and improved roads.

We have all done silly things in our youth most are lucky and make it through
Some don't....such life

I never stole a car.

Neither will my kids,

It is how you raise them, that will make the difference between good and bad

[I don't recall car crime in the late '70's, early '80's?

Car crime has been around since the beginning of motoring. I know a retired plumber, who grew up in London and fell in with the wrong crowd before seeing the light.

In the early 60s, his favourite trick was stealing minis. Early minis had the bonnet catch on the rad grille, so he popped the bonnet, put a penny in the fuse box to get it started, then manipulated the sliding window to get in the door. When he got to his destination, he would park it, and leave the car without any damage. The first time he got caught, he went straight to borstal.

Contrast that to the mindless scum today, who not only want to deprive you of your car, they want to drive like lunatics attracting as much attention as possible, before torching someone's car. They don't give a toss if an innocent person dies.

You're right Mick, car crime was rare, but always there. Then, harsh laws and sentences protected your property. Now,YOU have to protect your own property with expensive immobilisers, alarms, Krooklocks, trackers, etc, etc.

Its not performance cars that have encouraged car theft, its the soft, hand-wringing tw@ ts that run the country. If they had been in charge years ago, then vermin would have been screaming around council estates in E Types.

I don't recall car crime in the late '70's, early '80's?
Sorry, but that's just due to your poor memory and rose-tinted spectacles.

Modern cars with steering locks and immobilisers are far more difficult to steal.

Road deaths are also much lower now, thanks to seat belts, crash helmets, better brakes and tyres, and improved roads.

I'm sorry, but I have to question both of those statements. Modern cars are easy to steal, by stealing the keys from the owners house, or car-jacking someone. The method of stealing a car has become harder, but the means to do so is easier.

I think statistically, and I'd love to receive proof either way, I think road deaths have actually increased. Most modest family cars of the 70/80's struggled to make 70. Any modern car will do 70 easily. Inexperience+speed=young drivers killed. Plus the quota of cars per population head has exploded. Once 1 car per small street, now 3 cars per family. I had 3 cars on the go at one stage, company car, my runabout car, as I wasn't allowed to use my company car for personal use, and a classic car, under constant restoration, but driveable, for the weekends and shows.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1208

Despite a big increase in population, a MASSIVE increase in car ownership, HUGE increases in the performance of cars, and a big increase in the number of miles each motorist drives in a year -

total road deaths have actually halved over the past 40 years

But still increased. Pro Quota,

Not increased at all. HALVED.

Around 7 to 8 thousand each year killed in 1967 to 1972.

Around 3 to 3 1/2 thousand each year killed in 2002 to 2007.

If you read further down it even says that if the total number of cars on the roads and the total number of miles driven is taken into account.

"The decline in the casualty rate, which takes into account the volume of traffic on the roads, has been much steeper. In 1967 there were 199 casualties per 100 million vehicle kilometres. By 2007 this had declined to 48 per 100 million vehicle kilometres.

So the accident rate per mile driven is now LESS THAN A QUARTER of what it was in the late 1960's.

Whichever way you slice and dice the statistics, you stand far less chance of getting killed on the roads than you did 40 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back