Telford Tornado Hot Water Tank leak

Hi,

It now transpires that the expansion tank in the cylinder was changed 5 years ago because the system could not be pressurised or would not hold the pressure. The plumber who replaced the expansion tank says there could be corrosion in the cylinder (not the expansion tank) therefore the whole cylinder needs replacing? The system was put in new just over 8 years ago. My sister lives in North London. Would appreciate more info/help. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
What info do you need?

I thought these ere copper - so corrosion is unlikely.

Have to say my limited experience of these Telford's has not been too shiny.

Hi Dan_Robinson, was wondering if there is some reliable plumber you could suggest in the area covering North London???? You obviously are in the trade.....

Like I've already said check the expansion vessel and take it from there.

As Dan as already said these cylinders are either copper or stainless construction and if i'm not mistaken come with a 25 year warrantee.
You've had 3 plumbers? tell you its f##ked ??

Sponsored Links
Hi Compheat, Its 2 plumbers, not 3 that seem to think it is the cylinder. The original chap who fitted this system has retired. The expansion tank, as I said earlier was replaced about 5 years ago and this chap seems to think that the current leak is due to some corrosion in the cylinder. Another plumber said the same thing. Yes I agree that copper or stainless steel should last longer, so as suggested I'll have to pursue the expansion vessel angle and also look at the warranty, but this may be tricky as the paperwork seems to be missing!! Many thanks.

There are a good few pro's here that operate in North London. Worth checking the profiles of members.

As for paperwork - there should be a data badge on the cylinder with a serial number. That might help with a warranty claim.

Thanks Dan, was just toying with the same thoughts as you about using the serial number, manufacture date, etc., from the data label. Was also wondering if the warranty would be honoured with just this info??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back