Temporarily Remove and Cap Kitchen Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old rusty radiator that is leaking badly. I only want to temporarily remove it until it can be replaced but one of the nuts that attaches the valve to the radiator simply won't budge and so my only option is to completely remove the radiator with the valve attached (they don't work anyway). This leaves a copper screw fitting exposed. Is there anything I can fit to this (I've tried a 15mm stop end and it doesn't fit) or do I need to cut the pipe beneath this fitting and then cap. I think the system is a open-vented one (back boiler).

Sponsored Links
Depends on the valve thread. If the nut can be lowered revealing the olive, you can gently cut the olive off with a hacksaw, being careful not to score the pipe. Then you can fit a stop end with a new olive or better still a new valve ready for your new radiator.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back