Temporary repair to flat felt roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

My garage roof is a felt roof with a slight fall towards the gutter on the side.

Last year it sprung a leak, so I managed to repair one area with a patch of felt stuck down with black jack. Another leak came by and I used Evercryl where I could see a gap in the felt.

Both repairs have worked.

Yesterday another leak came where another gap in the felt appeared. What it looks like is that maybe some expansion in the ply boards has parted the felt.

My end goal, when time permits, is to have the lot off and replace with OSB3 and EPDM, but until I can get that done, these repairs are what I'm doing.

The whole roof was covered in those white stones, but last year I got rid of a lot of it as it was so packed with algea or whatever it is, that water wasn't effectively running away and that was around some of the leaking areas.

The main question for now is......I'm painting on some Evercryl in that area today. But I'm wondering, should I cover the Everycryl areas back with the white stones?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The stones give some protection against sunlight, felt / bitumen can soften and flex so excessive movement is best avoided. It also is not a bad thing for a little water to lay as it helps too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back