Tepid water from tun dish - air gap recharged though

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Living in a 2005 build house and the tun dish regularly now has tepid water dripping steadily when the hot water is switched on. This is after I had already recharged the air gap at the top of the tank (OSO indirect 20 RI) days ago.

Am I looking at a malfunctioning valve now? One for a plumber?

Sponsored Links
It might be worth opening the PRV for a few seconds to give it a really good blast as the valve might not be seating properly, particularly if/as it's previously been passing.

Mathew

It's not even one for a plumber, you need someone with a g3 compliance certificate,

PRV being the same valve I opened to recharge the air gap? There are several other valves in amongst the pipework.

I bought a book on basic plumbing - we seem to have a hybrid of a couple of modern designs. None of these connections are labelled of course, that would make life too easy...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back