Terminate a pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm removing my dishwasher and the isolating valve has a plastic twist lever, however it doesn't seem to be working, as the flow continues!

I can isolate the water lower down with another valve that isolates the hot tap feed.

Anyway, I want to buy something to terminate this pipe. This really is my first plumbing job ever!

What is it called that i need ?, and do i measure the pipe diameter on the outside of the pipe to figure out what size i need?

A link to a product would be useful....

...thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So in my photo, can I put that 15mm compression stop end where the current isolation valve is (i.e replacing the nut under the tap measure) ?

Sorry these are some really basic questions.... I need to get my plumbing book out again.

Yes. Just leave the nut and olive on and put the cap part into this. As an added bonus you've got yourself a spare nut and olive ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back