terrain guttering, will new match up with old?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need to repair my guttering before this winter as I broke a coupling/bracket and chipped another bit with all the ice we had last winter.

It's terrain guttering, crescent shaped, from about 1985. Just wondering if the modern stuff will be an exact match?

I may even replace it all with brown or black to spruce the house up so if the screw holes on the bracket matched up it would be ideal?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
I think Terrain is the only gutter that doesn't match up to the normal square flow gutter, i'm sure of it. I know that their downpipes were this stupid off-square design that didn't match up to anything.

Best thing you can do is pull a stopend off and go into wickes or something and see how it marrys up to their square but i'm 90% sure Terrain doesn't match up to the modern universal square of today.

Crescent= off Square :confused: ;) not a new moon shape then.

the stuff i've got is half round and looks on paper to be a match to the range on the wedsite called "crescent".

Sponsored Links
looked @ terrain site - crescent is a half round gutter, and should fit to terrain like yours . Problems occur with older gutters of differing makes . Best to check with terrain , but I`m 95% sure you`ll be ok ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back