Tesla magic running low

And basically reliable things as well .. my two have a combined age of 63 years & still going strong.
Will be a different story for the disposable items, sorry cars, produced today. Legislation will likely kill the old 'uns long before they die naturally :(

You can keep a horse and cart on the road indefinitely too - just need to replace the horse whenever it dies, and replace bits of cart as required. However, whether you'd want to use one for day-to-day transport, is a different story. We can all get misty-eyed about how "they'll never make them like the used to", but the reality is very different for most people. 10 years / 100,000 miles was a good innings for a car in the '70s. Hell, it was unusual to get more than 12,000 miles or a year's warranty!

I have a 35 year old car, which I'm very fond of, but I'm under no illusions about "saving the planet" with it. It's absolutely filthy, emissions-wise, and by today's standards, about as crashworthy as a wet cardboard box.

Sponsored Links
Introducing the Xpeng AeroHT:

I want one.

I want to put on a pair of bug-eye shades and vape like a steamer, leaving the rush hour far below.

Look at it! Cool as f...

I know a guy who went off to work for one of these flying car startups. I think it was this one:

I know a guy who went off to work for one of these flying car startups. I think it was this one:

It's a cool design but hardly able to fit alongside other road users - neither is the Chinese version, really.
If they're going to do it than some form of jet propulsion would be necessary, i think...like a Harrier. But that'd fail the green energy spec. Compressed air?

Sponsored Links
Back