Tesla magic running low

I cant say Im surprised, Elon Musk seems like a total c**t
I get the impression he doesn't give a 4-X what folk say. He has more than enough fck-off money to make his own rule. I'll give him a pass for putting a car in space with a copy of the Hitch Hikers Guide on board.

Sponsored Links
Ford are licking their wounds at present. They've rushed some (pretty lacklustre) EVs to market and they haven't sold at all well. If they want to stay in the game, they're going to have to whack out some more ICEs while they re-group and re-develop some more competitive EVs.
The Mustang was and is a good EV. In some ways I'd pick it over a Tesla at the same price point.

Brother in law is fairly high up in Ford and he tells me they are gearing up to increase diesel engine production at Dagenham.

Probably as much to do with them being sh!t (and being outcompeted) at EVs, so they're going back to what they know.
While also leaning on governments worldwide, to keep ICEs as an option for the mid-term.

Sponsored Links
Probably as much to do with them being sh!t (and being outcompeted) at EVs, so they're going back to what they know.
While also leaning on governments worldwide, to keep ICEs as an option for the mid-term.
They’re all too much bother, especially if you want to go on long trips. I’d never have an EV. Next car will probably be a hybrid though - electric for short local trips but with the ability to go from lands end to John o groats without 15 hours of charging stops en route.

1 Hr 33 mins charging. 855 miles.

15 Hr 30 total time against a current predicted driving time of 15 hours.

Some people don't have a clue what they're talking about. But it is a 4 year old article, since then we've gotten more chargers, faster chargers and faster charging cars.

Hold the front page! Range Rover tops Clio in crash! :ROFLMAO: Yes, well, you'd kind of expect that, wouldn't you?:rolleyes: Try driving it into a current Range Rover and let us know how you get on...
As for pointing the finger at Far Eastern countries, that's maybe a bit unfair. We export a lot of our emissions there, by buying stuff they make, and then feel good about ourselves because the CO2 didn't come out of our factory chimneys. It's always easier to point the finger at other folk than it is to take the lead.
I would hate to collide with a modern RR, the poor sod would never get insurance cover again .. hard enough to procure in the first place :unsure:

You make a good point about 'imported' emissions.

Last edited:

1 Hr 33 mins charging. 855 miles.

15 Hr 30 total time against a current predicted driving time of 15 hours.

Some people don't have a clue what they're talking about. But it is a 4 year old article, since then we've gotten more chargers, faster chargers and faster charging cars.
That’s just one car. I seen one car do the equivalent of over 2000 miles to the gallon but again, that’s just one car.

I get the impression he doesn't give a 4-X what folk say. He has more than enough fck-off money to make his own rule. I'll give him a pass for putting a car in space with a copy of the Hitch Hikers Guide on board.
and I would say that he has shown himself, by his many, many outlandish actions , to be a worthless human-being which is obviously unaffected by his astronomical fortune

Brother in law is fairly high up in Ford and he tells me they are gearing up to increase diesel engine production at Dagenham.

For years governments and environmentalists have been thrashing car manufacturers to get them to produce the very clean ICE engines we have today. Seems a waste that they now tell them to bin them and go for far inferior EVs. I'm sure with even more development, ICE vhicles can keep getting cleaner.

I'm not really 'into' this high tech. stuff bit thought I would run this :

As far as I can make out Nissan's E-Power uses a petrol engine to charge a battery that runs the electric motor that provides the motive power :unsure:
Is it not possible to delete the battery & have the ICE power the motor, in the same way as they did with diesel-electric on the railway ?
Yes, I am old enough to remember the Deltics when they were in service :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back