Test Equipment...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Fluke T50 voltage tester and also a Voltstick see below:

dsc01577mediumit5.jpg

Now I'm still a bit dubious in Maplins decription for the T50 as being GS38 compliant? Although as you can see the the probe tips are only showing just under 2mm of contact would these be safe to use to check Voltage of say a socket. Just a bit weary of jabbing those probes into a socket if they are not suitable.

Also bought the voltstick as its a handy tool just to quickly check live areas, will definitely not use it as gospel :LOL:

Just getting some electrical essentials as I will hopefully be starting my 2330 this year, Part-time evenings. Looking forward to it! :cool:

Also while I'm at it any other electrician tools I'd need to get or will probably need?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
good luck i just completed my year two 2330 a long haul ;)

i just got the t50 recently and find it handy- as for other tools the list is endless start saving :)

Fluke is a well regarded and reputable manufacturer - why do you think they'd falsely claim GS38 compliance?

Now I'm still a bit dubious in Maplins decription for the T50 as being GS38 compliant? Although as you can see the the probe tips are only showing just under 2mm of contact would these be safe to use to check Voltage of say a socket. Just a bit weary of jabbing those probes into a socket if they are not suitable.

They're less than 4mm which is GS38 compliant.

Sponsored Links
Those covers on the probes come off and are easily lost. Id recommend buying a plug in 13 amp socket tester and look on eBay for a cheap insulation and continuity tester.

Electric Center (and probably others) do an Electricains Premium Kit from CK tools - screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, tape, strippers, hacksaw etc all in a handy stylish Technicans case.

Well worth it for starting out, or even for those who've been in the trade for while and fancy a nice new set to replace ageing tools.

Don't pay more than £120 for the set though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back