Testing Boiler Pressure Vessel

The vessel should be checked every year, when you GET THE BOILER SERVICED.

Sponsored Links
The vessel should be checked every year, when you GET THE BOILER SERVICED.
Hi, I get it serviced every year but none of them check the vessel. I watch them do it. I've used different people over the years too cause Ive never found one I've totally been happy with. I've had some that just hoover the boiler and test the emissions. Some that scrape stuff off the exchanger as well, and 1 guy even changed some rubber seals that I was impressed with. However when I got him back when the boiler was over pressuring knowing it was the vessel he proceeded to pump it withbsystem closed points to the boiler gauge and saidlook expansion vessel is knackered. He proceeded to condemn boiler and I had to argue with him to put it back.

There's some round here that do the service for £30 but I avoid and have been paying £60 which seems to be the higher end of the rate in Midlands.

Just can't find an honest gas guy.
The hunt continues though.

sadly this is a very common story, the expansion vessel should be checked annually, too many FGA services going around and that is by the major companies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back