Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Coq-au-vin is a famous traditional dish in the
repertoire of French cooking.

For the best flavour it should be made with an actual
cock, not a hen, and certainly not from breast
portions. I prefer a bird which has been properly
hung, with its intestines left in, which I then draw.
It's a messy task, and it gets your hands all
bloody, but it does produce the best results. My
best friend Dick is very fond of this dish, and I
quite often cook it when he comes to dinner.

Talking of birds, I'm a keen amateur ornithologist.
I'm not an expert, but I do like to watch them in my
garden. The tits are my favourite - I love their
acrobatics. In our garden we get Blue Tits, Great
Tits, Coal Tits and the occasional Long Tailed Tit.
I also like seabirds - the shag is a nice looking bird.

I just wish I could think of a way to keep next door's
pussy from chasing the birds in my garden.

Sponsored Links
So one blue tit is OK, but two blue tits are not.

And I can keep a cock as a pet, but not a pussy.

I don't suppose anyone can explain these rules, can they....

Ban I don't know whether to believe all that stuff you've just spouted or whether it was just a set-up fo the ****ing censoring software!!

Have you ever seen a black bird with blue tits. I have, she was sitting on our garden fence :)

Ah. Ornithology, a last bastion of resistance against the PC brigade.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Ban I don't know whether to believe all that stuff you've just spouted or whether it was just a set-up fo the **** censoring software!!
Why shouldn't you believe it?

It's all true, apart from the fact that I don't have a friend called Dick.

But the reason I wrote it was to illustrate the inanity of auto-censoring software.

ban-all-sheds said:
For the best flavour it should be made with an actual cock,

Wouldn't it taste a bit funny? ;)

I know this is a spoof post, but that is indeed true. Best coq au vin I ever had was in France on a farm owned by a family my sister stayed with a few times. They actually told me the name of the cock, can't remember what it was though. It is one of these peasant dishes designed to minimise waste. A cock is usually rather hard and tastes a bit salty. By stewing it in stock and wine for a long time it tenderises the meat.

On the subject of French cuisine: did you know that the typical French home-cooker prefers the recipes of Jamie Oliver and Delia Smith to the real traditional French home cuisine?

ban-all-sheds said:
But the reason I wrote it was to illustrate the inanity of auto-censoring software.

Let's try shall we?

After finishing the delightful repas on the aforementioned French farm, I turned to our hostess and said "That was a delicious dish, but I found the flavour to be somewhat fragrant, so I hope you will not be offended if I have a polo. Would you also care for a mint for your *********?".

Note to admin: I won't be offended if you change that last bit! :LOL:

Lets not go down this route.

The 'auto-censoring' is there for good reason - to try and keep the forums of a reasonable standard that is acceptable to all.

I, as I'm sure many others have seen other forums where anything goes and it generally degenerates quickly and is not conducive to a warm and friendly environment.

Keep it clean ;)

I agree with that, not that I have looked into too many forums, but it does give me the chance to try this one............

Yeah, Mod, I agree generally. But (double entendres aside), if you genuinely want to say P U S S Y cat or other geniunely innocent word like S A T U R D A Y that is seen as offensive by the software, your post looks like it is full of profanities, when it isn't!!

Can't the software be tweaked to at least allow words like the second one through?

Talk about PC!!!

What!

Saturday?

Goes through alright. I expect people who live in Scunthorpe often go shopping on Saturdays.

Last time I wrote it it was censored - I guess because of the T U R D, but thought it was a bit over sensitive....

SATURDAY!

SATURDAY!

SATURDAY!

******* this for a lark,if this don't take the *********** biscuit then i don't know what will! Feel free to fill in the blanks :)

I got censored for responding that windows XP firewall ICF had some c h i n k s in it's armour :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back