Testing to see if I need a DPM?

Sponsored Links
No, that's not something to measure the moist content of a screed layer with.
That thing works like an indicator for the humidity and temperature of your whole room.

mmm, suspected as much. guess its those way more expensive machines then? is there any DIY way of testing it?

cheers

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help woodulike, . . .as old as the flat - but sometime in the 60's. unfortunitly its not level and I want to float a wooden floor on it. . . .

cheers

So the concrete floor is over 40 years old? Do you know (smell) if there is a damp problem?

If not, I don't see a reason why you should need to check the moist in the concrete? Use a Combi-underlayment as moist barrier and sound-insulation and install the floor floating (as you indicated). The DPM of the combi-underlayment will prevent any residue moist (if any!) to reach the wood.

thanks - no there is no damp smell, but I'll use the combi stuff as an underlay. first I've got to get it level! I knocked out a wall between lounge and hall/stairs - and the screed there is higher than in the lounge . . . to the tune of at least 10 mm. . . . too much for self levelling . . .unfortunitly the old hall also goes under the stairs so getting a breaking tool under there to break it out is not going to be easy . . .
any ideas?

thanks again

Huey

Hi Huey

Have you checked the stickies in this topic? Some proper info there

I did read them, but can't figure out how to proceed . . .

I'm thinking I need to break out the screed where it is too high and re pour it, or have I missed something?

cheers

What are the symptoms of the problem that you wish to receive help in solving?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back