Tetrion All Purpose Filler - using a PVA bond in tandem with it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm unsure if this is in the right section - could be building(?), decorating(?) or plastering / rendering(?). If a Moderator wishes to move it, please do so.

I am using this Tetrion filler on my external walls and ornamental ridges around the house:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0046Q9MIA

It's not bad at all.

I was idly reading about different fillers - I had my eye drawn by one that is advertised with included fibres (that's Toupret Fibarex - for strength and longevity) - and I've also used Wilko's external filler (the grey sandy rougher stuff) - and I ended up wondering whether there's any advantage to me either using a bonding agent on the surface before applying the filler or even using them mixed-up... I saw someone said that it made it stronger and for the long-long-term rather than just the long-term.

I was looking at this product:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GU88KW

I'm asking this because my situation is that I'm working (safely) at some height and I don't really want to do this job again for the sake of a few quid (ToolStation sells this bonding stuff cheaper - about £11). What confused me is one site that had it for sale clearly said "not for exterior use" but that can't be correct - it is showing someone painting brickwork on the label! EDIT: In fact, it's the EverBuild data sheet - it does say: "Not suitable for external applications. Use EVERBUILD 503 SBR BOND".

I'm filling in concrete... I could use repair concrete, or just concrete, but the jobs are quite small and fiddly (cracks and holes on the underside where water has been seeping through for years) so I'm finding it good to use filler and a flat blade to cram it in there, then smooth it off or sand it later.

The top side I'm working on is - hopefully - being addressed with Isoflex - Special Primer and High Performance Liquid Rubber).

Any advice - even sending me in a different direction completely - would be of interest to read.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This advice seems to be on the money, thanks - Ever Build just wrote to me and said - "Thank you for your enquiry, if the SBR is used with a cementitious mix then there should be no concerns regarding painting however if the SBR is used as a surface coating this will cause paint adhesion issues."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back