Texecom 48 & GJD Autodialer Pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

i am hoping someone on here can help me out.

My parents have recently had a premier 48 installed, and are very happy with the system, to a point.

The installer also fitted a GJD autodialer pro for them, which has power however, has never functioned correctly.

When i say never functioned correctly, i mean it has never sent a voice or sms message upon alarm activation.

They have tried to get the installer back, however they have not replied to numerous messages overthe last 4 months!

So when i was visiting, i had a quick look at the setup options, which all seem to be filled correctly (going off the manual i downloaded and read)

So... i lifted the panel off its bracket, expecting the tamper switch to activate and trigger the alarm.... Nothing happened!

There are wires into the +12v ground, tampers and in1 in2 and ground.

I then looked inside the texecom48 CP, which the tamper switch had been looped out :?: :?: i might add.
I located the cable coming from the GJD, and only the power feeds were hooked up to the aux 12v supply.

So it had not even been connected !!

How can i connect the GJD correctly to the Texecom48 ?

Can someone draw a schematic for me?

I dont know the engineer code for the CP, however i have no worries using the engineer code reset to gain access to the CP setup menu if i need to in order to configure it.

Thanking anyone in advance.

Sponsored Links
First of all i have never used the product but hope i can help,

make sure there is an active sim card with credit in the dialer or it will not work.

Make sure that the dialer is armed, & all numbers in the dialer are correctly programmed

The in 1 & in 2 are triggers to the dialer these are from the panels communicator outputs, 1 is probably for panic and the other for intruder you will need to check this.

If a sim was not supplied on installation it will not have one in, However if in doubt contact another local firm to see to the alarm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The GSM Unit is correctly configured, and has an active simcard installed, i used the test function to send an sms to my phone. So with this in mind i am in no doubt that the GSM is not faulty.

I am hesitant to get an engineer in from a different company, given my parents past experience.

The principal of how it works seems straight forward, but i do not know the correct connection to use to the panel. do i need a relay, resistors etc..

Thanks

From the state of your system I would suggest a competent person to check it over so as it works as it should.

For simplicity on your behalf, as the dialer is powered you need to get a trigger to it.

From the alarm panel take a wire from the bell trigger to the TRIG1 of the dialer. This is because I do not know if the standard outputs are correct, this way if the system trips it will send a negative to the dialer .
No relays or resistors needed

All tampers should of course be connected but as your really only wanting this to work leave them at this time.

Sponsored Links
As alarm says connect it to the bell trigger.

Make sure the dialer is ARMED or it wall not dial out

I can not really see the installer leaving it not dialing out

If it was a polarity issue you should have got a sms when the alarm was reset. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back