Texecom premie Elite 48 install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to this forum, but thought I'd join up, hoping for some assistance.

I've just installed a Texecom prem 48. All working ok i think. All with EOL wiring. One 8xp, 16 zones being used. 2 contacts share a zone on each garage door. Other than that everything has independent zones, 7 pir's, 3 glass breakers, 4 contacts, 2 pa's

I've been struggling with installing a panic alarm (no instructions 're which contact is which). The two alarm contacts are obvious though. It's a normally closed pa, When in use I'm getting 2k2 resistance and secure on my panel, when either the back is pulled off the pa, or the button depressed I get 6.9k. If the wire is disconnected then open circuit. I think my query more pertains to the fact that with other pir's etc they have a dedicated tamper switch within the pir, so you take the back off and the alarm will state tamper. With these, I believe it's just the magnet across the alarm contacts bring removed which activates either tamper oralarm state.

Wiring, blue to a1 on pa, 4k7 over to a2, 2k2 from a2 across to sideterminal I believe to be tamper, yellow back to panel tamper

My panel seems to only be able to identify two states, active/alarm or secure. I expected to get tamper when I pulled a wire out of the wago222 I was using. But instead got active/alarm, do the resistance values sound right for each state? I've set it as panic alarm as the zone type, there are some 24hr options too, but the panic option appears to be programmed to have the correct 24hr parameters.

I plan on connecting two of these on one zone once I'm certain the wiring is right. Technically they are working, but it's the messages back to panel I'm not sure about.

Many thanks all

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the insides of the panic button you are using ....if it's a basic unit it won't have a tamper switch , you will only get tamper if the wire is cut !

I've attached a picture. I can't see any join between the tamper contacts, so that's why I've just come off the one the eol resistor leg is on. I was just using it on the bench, so I've played with wiring combinations.

Attachments

• 20190218_191622.jpg
    20190218_191622.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 322
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back