Texecom  premier 48 Elite keypads zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Texecom  premier 48 panel, 12 pirs, 1 door contact and 3 premier elite key pads. I have home run all the devices back to the panel. 
My question is can I run an extra cable to each keypad from the panel and use the extra zones in them without having to rewire the pirs to the keypads. Also is it ok if I only use the keypad zones and not the tamper and just use the panel tamper. 

Hope this all makes sense 

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
best thing to do is take the power from the control panel and use the keypad zones, eol the pirs so you only need two cores per zone so you still have separate tampers, i normally run 8 core to the keypad so you can use the spare cores for zones on the keypad if needed.

Personally I'd put an expander at the panel and leave the keypad zones alone.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd put an expander at the panel and leave the keypad zones alone.

Do you mean like this one. How come you don't recommend the kepad zones. Also do I need a seperate box for the expander linked or should it just fit into my panel

Thanks

i can see the keypads been very usefull for extra zones,

keypad near entry exit door, door contact to keypad zone, pir (if above door watching hall way) to keypad zone, eol the door contact and pir. so 2 sensors back to keypad.

less wires, floor boards drilling and cable costs etc, its a very nice feature to have additional zones on rkps.

they are there to be used if they make the instal quicker or tidyer that can only be good.

unless there is some reg you guys (pros) have to follow when wireing to keypad zones?

Nothing wrong with using keypad zones, but i'd say in this situation, it's going to require an unnecessary joint in the control panel to utilise them, and I'm not a fan of joints unless it's to repair a damaged cable etc.

A nearby door contact/exit term directly wired to keypad zones is fine, but powering a PIR/other powered device off the network power should also be avoided.

Plus, it can make a right head ache of a panel change where you're upgrading a panel for one that doesn't support keypad zones. Been caught out with that one quite a few times...

So in summation, nothing wrong with it, but there a certain situations where I would'nt use them personally (just my opinion though)

thank you scott i can see your point, so im gona assume that 100% fine for domestic new install (ie quicker job less costs etc) will you explain why you do not like taking pir power from the keypad?

but can cause you guys problems if you change panels etc and no longer supported, guess it would be a night mare if the house etc had all its cables put in the walls, and the pads been used to run local senosrs, then you guys have 2 deal with zones from keypads no longer supported, when you insatll different panels

Just personal preference and the way I've been shown. Main issue with detector aux off the network aux is that if you get a dodgy detector pulling too much current, you'll lose the network. Not so bad on a small system (apart from not being able to silence the fault because the keypad has lost power!), but not great on a larger install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back