texecom keypad zone help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a texecom 48 panel and a texecom lcd keypad.

i've connected the network connections on the keypad to network connections in the control panel.

so far, so good.

do i have to connect the zone in the keypad (labelled "A" [alarm] and "T" [tamper]) to a zone in the control panel?

so anyone here familiar with texecom keypads and know about the zone connections in it?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, that is just an extra zone. It is there for the connection of a door contact, or PIR detector etc, if you so wish.

If not just leave the terminals empty. It is not programmed as an active zone as standard, so don't worry about it unless you actually want to use it.

good, you confirmed my suspicions. thank you.

i did an internet search for my Q, and there was only a little bit of information here and there. hence, why i raised the Q here.

the strange thing is, i'm getting keypad tamper faults and cannot see the reason for it.

ah well, back to the drawing board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back