Adding internal sounder to keypad zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Premier Elite 64w

I currently don't have a separate internal sounder (other than the keypad speaker). However, I'd like to install a wired one next to my wired keypad in hallway downstairs.

Can I wire it into the keypad zone 1 and then map keypad zone 1 to a spare zone in the main panel? Can a keypad zone be mapped to the speaker terminals in the main panel? If not, how do I configure it?

Can it really be that easy?

I just want something that will make a racket on alarm going off.

This is a pic of the Texecom sounder I'm thinking of getting. It's 100db - is that sufficient?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_015215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_015215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do I need to bother mapping? Can I not just connect one sounder wire to keypad spk terminal and the other wire to either 0 or 12V keypad terminal (I'm not sure which one?).

Would it be red to spk terminal and black to 0V terminal (or 12V??) or vice versa?

Last edited:
Large display keypads have a speaker terminal , standard don’t …if you have 2 spare cores at the keypad use those

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back