Texecom premier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a texecom premier installed and all of a sudden the internal sounder has stopped working on entry.

It works on exit / alarm / chime just not on entry.

The keypad speaker still sounds just not the internal speaker.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
check the tones for the panel speaker are turned on???

seems strange that other tones still wok and entry have stopped.

The only way the entry doesn't sound, is the entry isn't started, the tones are turned off for entry, no noise at all would suggest device damaged? also look at advisory volume.

I’ve seen a couple of premiers do this before ...then all of a sudden start working again !

Thanks all - tones are 100% on and entry has started - tones come out of the keypad for entry just not the speaker but all other tones come out of both.

I guess it’s a case of just putting up with it; as sparky says they may just come back on.

Sponsored Links
Never had the problem reported before, but then again not everyone pays much attention and so many are using apps before they get in.

What panel and version is it?

well that I remember, thinking about it though, what is the advisory volume set to?
something niggling me about that at and the tones.

It’s set to 5 - as I say exit ones are fine it’s just entry that isn’t. If I recall it didn’t work at first then just suddenly started.

I’ve got the app but find its easier to just disarm on the fob.

Randomly I triggered the alarm in my garage today (it’s area b).

The internal sounder has now started once again to sound entry tones!

hmm did Texecom ever get this fixed?

it shouldn't be random speaker tones on entry stop working, interesting it started after an alarm activation, if the entry tones stop again, I would suggest doing an alarm activation to see if that breaks the cycle and starts to work again, if it does then it is a fixable problem and you have found a quick fix in the short term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back