Texecom 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just got a texecom connect notification that 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured'. I'm wanting to find out what this means? I'm a total Texecom newbie but i'm wanting to see if I can sort it out myself rather than calling the installer back for a charge. I've had it around 2 years now. Is this a device such as the keypad, door sensonrs or PIR sensors that are low or the alarm backup, is there a way for me to find out what device has low battery? I've attached an image of the keypad and the alert, as i've no idea what model it is etc.
qUHAhBa.jpg

Sponsored Links
What else does it say when you keep scrolling through log.There will be more info displayed.

Sponsored Links
when did the engineer last service the system?
do you have engineers code?
system low battery sounds like main panel battery, rather than zone.

at 2 years you would expect the wireless device batteries maybe failing would expect the main panel battery.

when did the engineer last service the system?
do you have engineers code?
system low battery sounds like main panel battery, rather than zone.

at 2 years you would expect the wireless device batteries maybe failing would expect the min panel battery.

I've not had the alarm serviced since owning it for 2 years, I figured I'd be able to replace the batteries myself. Yeah I've got the master code if there's something I can check using that

if the option has been turned on, there is a battery replacement option available in master user menus.

however dont think there is anything you can do to check other than consulting the log from the master user menu.

which panel do you have. menu 4 on the keypad should display panel and version.

I would look at replacing your wireless batteries anyway before they fail, also look at the panel battery as it appears that is low.

was this a new panel or a panel upgrade, have you suffered few power outages????

which panel do you have. menu 4 on the keypad should display panel and version.

I would look at replacing your wireless batteries anyway before they fail, also look at the panel battery as it appears that is low.

was this a new panel or a panel upgrade, have you suffered few power outages????

Can't seem to find the panel version. The app shows elite 64. Everything was brand new 2 years ago and not had any power outages. I've checked one sensor's battery with a battery tester and showed fine. How can I check the keypad battery without the tamper going off? Can't see the battery replacement option

If the battery was low battery in radio device you should get the device zone number.

so it sounds like the main panel battery, at two years that seems a little short lived.

If the battery was low battery in radio device you should get the device zone number.

so it sounds like the main panel battery, at two years that seems a little short lived.

I checked each battery with a battery tester and they're all showing as good so I didn't bother replacing. I can get into eng mode with another codes that my installer gave me. 1234 doesn't do anything

well if the engineer has given you an engineers code that's what you need to get into so that opening the panel or devices wont activate tamper.

Okay how have you tested the batteries?
How do you know they are good, or close to failure?
We routinely change at 2 years to avoid batteries running out and causing issues. In high traffic systems we would change yearly but wouldn't recommend wireless devices in the first place.

Replace the batteries with fakes and you may see devices fail early, seen a lot of that lately where cheap batteries from non reputable places have failed, most notable a Duracell battery in wireless Texecom device had Chinese writing on it and the colour of the battery didn't match my genuine ones stamped made in USA either. (customer had changed their own battery and it failed in less than a month).

The panel battery is the one showing in fault from what you have said, which seems premature.

So i'm now getting another error, System Alerts- Battery fault. So it looks like it's the backup battery that's gone. I've had a look at tutorials for replacing it and it looks dead easy, taking the leads off the one, and just putting them on the new one. Do you reckon I could do it myself? Or would you recommend getting my alarm installer in? Though they're charging a call-out fee (As expected)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back