Texecom Door Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to mount a Premier Elite Impaq Contact-W.

The problem is I am not sure which are the mounting holes.

Please can some advise?

Sponsored Links
I guessed that might be the answer, but I am not sure how to take the PCB out.

Please can you advise?

Theres a small screw holding the pcb in, just remove and put it somewhere safe for later.

Sponsored Links
No be honest if you can't work that out , you have no chance fitting the rest of it !😃

I guess some people are over cautious when doing it diy, the panel and devices aren't cheap.

It is not really a diy panel, but they sell it to anyone.

I guess some people are over cautious when doing it diy, the panel and devices aren't cheap.

It is not really a diy panel, but they sell it to anyone.

I am beginning to realise this.

I am an electrician but not an alarm engineer over the year I have installed about 6 alarms - 6 wires - this technology is new to me.

But impressed with the system and the quality of the responses on this forum is unbelievable. Its only because of the people on this forum that I have been able to proceed as far as I have.

On the instruction leaflet it quote

Non-Ferrous Mounting Material
•Maximum Break = 30mm
•Minimum Make = 15mm
Ferrous Mounting Material
•Maximum Break = 15mm
•Minimum Make = 5mm

Please can someone give guidance on what these figures mean - are these the gap between the sensor and reed switch and the magnet when the door is closed.

you can get free training from Texecom if your a tradesman.

What type of tradesman? I am an electrician not an alarm installer.

I do find it very interesting, and never appreciated how much alarms had progressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back