Texecom Elite-64-W Assistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m planning to replace my GardTec 800 wired alarm system and the intention is to replace the main control unit with a Texecom 64-W along with a 8XP Expansion unit & SmartCom. All the PIR’s are EOL with the correct resistors and I’m hoping to connect these to the 8XP but I have a few questions that I’m hoping someone will be able to assist with.

Wired Magnetic Door Contacts
In the current setup there’s two magnetic door contacts/zones one on the front door and another on the cupboard door where the alarm system is located. When arming the system if the cupboard door is not shut the alarm system makes a difference noise indicating the door has not been shut. When I connect the front door contact/zone I’ll obviously configure this as entry/exit zone, how should I configure the cupboard door sensor so that the Texecom unit produces a similar warning indicating the door has not been closed?

Bell & Strobe Wiring
Ideally, I do not want to replace the Bell & Strobe and I’m hoping that there’s going to be a simple approach to connecting this to the Texecom 64-w, below are the details of the terminals on the Gardtec & Elite 64-W, is there a suggested wiring?

GardTec 800

• Strobe + Green
  • Strobe - White
  • Bell + Red
  • Bell - Blue
  • Bell Hold Black
  • SAB TMP Yellow
Texecom 64-W

• +12V
  • Bell –
  • Tamp
  • 0V
  • Strb –
Area Configuration Understanding
I think I have a reasonable understanding of how to configure each zone and the Full & Part set configuration but I’m not sure how ‘Areas’ work. Ideally my house has two areas, Upstairs & Downstairs, if I configure each area to include various zones can I then set an area to be Full or Part set and this then applies to all the zones within the area, or do I still need to set each zone individually?

One final question I’m expecting the Bell to trigger when I disconnect it from the GardTec. What is the best way to silence it whilst I install the new Elite 64-W, I can either connect 12v to the bell or should I short particular wires?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why 64w are you adding radio devices ?
Set door to guard or set panel to bell
On arm fail if your concerned about it not setting with the door open
Areas your not going to use unless you have a remote garage or shed that you need to be set separately
Use part omit options
Bell put the strobe + in with bell + at the panel end
And finally put the bell + and - on the battery while you swop over the panel

Why 64w are you adding radio devices ?
Set door to guard or set panel to bell
On arm fail if your concerned about it not setting with the door open
Areas your not going to use unless you have a remote garage or shed that you need to be set separately
Use part omit options
Bell put the strobe + in with bell + at the panel end
And finally put the bell + and - on the battery while you swop over the panel

Thanks for the reply, our current Gartec unit is 19 years old and the company that fitted it is no longer in business, the keypad and wired door sensors need replacing. Longer term I would like to add additional wireless zones and at the same time try and retain as much of the existing installation as possible, future wise I'd also like to use the SmartCom. The Elite-64w seems to provide what I need and the Kit-0086 is a cost effective package, £199 for 64-W, Keypad, 3 * Wireless PIR's, 1 * Wireless door contact.

One thing that I'm still not sure about is the existing bell/sounder which is a NovaGard 2G, you say to connect the strobe + in with bell + but how should the Bell Hold & SAB TMP, should these connect to the 64-W TAMP & 0v ?

NovaGard 2G. Texecom 64-W
Strobe +, Bell + Green & Red ----> +12v
Strobe - White ---------------------> Strobe -
Bell - Blue --------------------------> Bell -
Bell Hold - Black -------------------> ????
SAB TMP - Yellow ------------------> ????

Regarding the Areas, I'll study this further as I'm planning to install a Wireless PIR in our log cabin at the end of our garden. The plan is to use all existing wired 8* Gardscan MX PIR's, replace the wired front door magnetic contact with a new wired magnetic contact. I'll then add 2 * Wireless PIR's to cover the conservatory & log cabin but my understanding is that these will need to be the more advanced devices that include microwave sensors.

Yes ... on the bell ....bell hold is 0v and tamp is sad tamp ....where is the current location of the gardtec 800 ? And have you purchased the parts yet ?

Sponsored Links
The Gardtec 800 is fitted in a cupboard under the stairs, theres a wired magnetic contact on the cupboard door to protect the Gardtec. In the entrance hall theres a keypad & speaker which are wired through the wall into the Gardtec.

So far I’ve purchased an 8XP Expander to support the existing PIR’s, and I have ordered the Kit-0086 which in theory will ship on Monday, why do you ask, is there an alternative solution?

Personally I would have gone with a 24 plus a radio expander , the pirs in the kits are not that clever ...plus you could also fit the radio expander in a different location if the signal to the shed was poor !

Personally I would have gone with a 24 plus a radio expander , the pirs in the kits are not that clever ...plus you could also fit the radio expander in a different location if the signal to the shed was poor !

Interesting option, I did initially think about buying parts separately, I’ve very quickly checked the prices and the 24 is £60, radio expander £60 and the keypad £85 which is almost the same cost as the Kit-0086, £199 inc vat which includes the wireless door contact, 3*PIR’s & 3*tag which I’m unlikely to use initially. I picked up the 8XP Expander from ebay for £27.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back