Texecom bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have searched the forum, but can’t find the answer, I have a newly installed Texecom premier elite 24, but the bell box isn’t sounding.

If I set the alarm off by activating a zone when the alarm is set the internal sounder goes off and it reports on the keypad as “Alarm area A”.

The strobe and bell tests work perfectly fine.

The global config - for bell delay is set to 000 minutes.

And bell on 1st is set.

And bell and strobe O/P is set to zones AB.

Am I missing a really simple setting somewhere?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What does it say in the event log?

Event log is as followed:

AREA Armed - 14:04:38
Entry started 001 - 14:04.01

“Waved my hand over the zone 2 sensor to set the alarm off then left it for a minute to see if it was a delay issue”

Tag 003 Stewart - 14:05.07
AREA Disarmed - 14:05.07
Zone 002 Alarm - 14:05.07
Zone 002 Restore - 14:05.07
Zone 002 Alarm - 14:05.07
Zone 002 Restore - 14:05.07

so the area was disarmed at the same time as the device registers the activation?

Sponsored Links
so the area was disarmed at the same time as the device registers the activation?

That doesn’t make sense, here is the second test I did later in the day.

Entry start 001 - 17:39.30

“Walk into zones 002, 003, 004”
“Internal sirens went off”
“Alarm area A, shown on keypad”

Tag 003 - 17:39.57

Area disarmed - 17:39.57

Zone 002 Alarm- 17:39.57

Zone 002 Restore - 17:39.58

Zone 003 Alarm - 17:39.58

Zone 004 alarm - 17:39.58

Zone 002 Restore - 17:39.58

Zone 002 Alarm - 17:39.58

Zone 004 Restore - 17:39.58

Zone 003 Restore - 17:39.58

Zone 002 Restore - 17:39.59

Zone 001 - door switch set on entry and exit, with Attribute 1 of Guard (for part arm).

Zones 002-006 = door switches & PIR’s set on guard

can you send me a wintex profile so I can give it a once over, including the log.

looks like its being disarmed very quickly

I will download a copy tomorrow and send it over.

Thanks.

Went to download a copy of profile from Wintex & Log, but getting a unable to connect check settings.

Will try to get hold of another USB cable and and see if that corrects the issue.

if your struggling give me a shout and will see what I can do.

To be fair, if the udl passcode is correct, panel and version correct in wintex, and your connected to the comport that's programmed as not used with usb com it should work, you can always try the other com port on the panel if your having issues, its rarely the usb com at fault.

if your struggling give me a shout and will see what I can do.

To be fair, if the udl passcode is correct, panel and version correct in wintex, and your connected to the comport that's programmed as not used with usb com it should work, you can always try the other com port on the panel if your having issues, its rarely the usb com at fault.

Turn't out to be the cable, new cabled arrived today and it linked up straight away. I will PM you the Log file & Panel printout

okay been better as the proper files rather than the txt files, easier to check in Wintex.

After a quick look I have the following questions.

1. What bell box do you have?
2. you full arming or part setting the alarm?
3. whats connected to the bell terminals?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back