Texecom Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have had a texecom elite alarm system fitted.
When setting the alarm the speaker produces a chirp which is a high frequency sound.
Unfortunately I can not hear the chirp so do not know the alarm has been set or not. (Partially deaf at high frequency)
Any ideas what can be done?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like bell squawk, which can be turned on or off.

bell on arm fail would flash when sets, and sound the siren for a few seconds if it fails which may be easier to hear than the bell squawk.

Sponsored Links
Ok that’s not the problem sorry it’s when setting I want to be able to hear it is set also when I enter I want to be able to hear it is set?

To do that currently would require custom programming and may not be possible depending on the panel version, sounder etc connected

You would know if the system hasn't set which will be less of a noise nuisance to your neighbours. It could be classed as a nuisance noise it the panel was being regularly set especially at certain times of day or night.

the squawk is the official way and is designed to be less of a nuisance but it is very short and can see how it might not be so easy for the hard of hearing top hear it clearly if at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back