Texecom Expander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am working out what I need for a fresh alarm install at home.

Buildings consist of house and annex/garage, so I have decided on classing these as 2 distinct areas.

The annex/garage is one physical building (2 rooms), I was hoping to run one cable from the main panel to a zone expander (8XP) in the annex/garage and then have multiple PIRs in the annex/garage wired to the 8XP.

My question relates to a keypad / sounder, is it possible to add these to the 8XP or do I need to run another cable back to the main panel in the house?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Keypad slaves off the expander bus line , sounder can be wired from expander ...BUT you may need an extra power supply depending on how many devices you are putting on the expander

Run two cables anyway?

That said you only need 4 cores, so you could run 8 core as long as they remain intact?

Thank you both. I guess it wouldn't be too effort much to run another cable at the same time. I'll take another look at that.

Another quick question about the RM8 Relay module; can the outputs be programmed to activate when a zone (eg. single PIR) is triggered? Is this possible regardless of the armed state of the alarm.

Example being a relay would trigger if a PIR detected a person, even if the alarm is in home/safe mode? Also presumably each panel is limited to a single RM8 module?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back