Texecom GJA-000x Impaq Wireless Shock/Contact Low batt as Tamper event

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a number of GJA-000x sensors on my system.
I have had two that have reported low battery events as tampers and as a result thrown my system into alarm.
I have read on this forum that there were a number of these sensors that have this firmware bug.

I have changed one of my sensors (installed circa may 2020) for a more recent one (date code 2132), rev 4.1 ver 1.1.2 and a low battery now correctly reports as a low battery without tamper.

Is there any way to view the firmware version of the others i have fitted (i threw the boxes away long ago..)
Is there a way to upgrade the firmware in these sensors to at least ver 1.1.2, either through wintex or via an external programmer (i suspect not via a programmer as i see no programming port on the pcb).
I know people have suggested they be returned to Texecom but these seems remote for me now as they are around 3yrs old...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I would contact them to get them swapped out out to be certain you have the latest ones.

That said I haven't had issues with these units where they have been fitted to a solid door frame ie brick garage verses a flimsy plastic or wooden shed.

Not sure as I dont have one on me but the details were also only a sticker inside the lid.

The tamper instead of low battery is another matter as not sure that is device dependant but panel firmware from memory but dont hold me to that

Thanks fo the reply, I have often thoguht about updating the panel firmware, i am running 5.01.03 firmware, with smarcom version 03.03.00
I have an Elite64.
Is it a simple process? Do you think it is worth it, i.e. are there critical updates / is my version old?

I will try to contact Texecom to see if they can swap them out.
Thanks!

smart com first and then panel, need a cloud account as mentioned before end users can register and you dont need the paid subscription if you have wintex and ricochet monitor anyway

make sure you out of the app and not connected to the panel with wintex

Sponsored Links
smart com first and then panel, need a cloud account as mentioned before end users can register and you dont need the paid subscription if you have wintex and ricochet monitor anyway

make sure you out of the app and not connected to the panel with wintex
Thanks for the info, I assume i need to buy a programmer that will connect to the Alarm PCB?
I can't do it over Wintex?

been covered on here man times.

Texecom cloud account (diyers can register and do regularly)
Texecom Connect free subscription (not usually mentioned)
Flash smart com first
Panel second

do not have wintex or apps connected to panel during flashing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back