Texecom - Port forwarding new router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a new router arriving next week and need to get it setup to connect to my Texecom panel... hardwired, not wifi etc.

Port forwarding always baffles me so i'm getting someone to help me that knows about these things!

Question is, beforehand, what information do I need to get for him from:
a - the existing router?
b - the alarm panel?

He isn't familiar with Texecom panels but can do the bit from the router.

All guidance appreciated.

Many thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Hi Stuart,

the answer is nothing is required from the old router.

Your using a comip module, so when you unplug it from the old router, I would go into setup modules in the control panel and delete the internal ip address assigned to the panel.

when you plug into the new router the ip address should get re assigned based on the new routers allocation.

You then would have to arrange for the portforwarding to be put in place to either that ip address or better still the mac address of the com ip device.

Sponsored Links
in the panel it should automatically populate the ip address, depending on your firmware version it may affect the way its done, but you can always get help on here or via Texecom if needed.

Each router has its own way of port forwarding, many modern units assign to the mac address of the device, this way if your internal ip address changes (DHCP), then the device is still forwarded, as its assigned to the mac address(from device) rather than the internal ip address, which could get reassigned to another device.

Texecom wont help you with portforwarding but should be able to tell you about programming up the com ip module itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back