Texecom Premier 24 Door Contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a new property that has a Texecom Premier 24 system throughout. When I was scanning through the control panel and seeing the status of each zone, it tells me that the front door DC is "active". The front door is locked. So I decided to have a look at the door and frame and saw the contact on the frame, but a rolled up piece of paper fixed in with some sealant. I took a look at the back door and saw the same contact point on the frame, but instead a little black block in the door (pics attached). The status of the back door DC zone is fine. So is there something special about this little block?

Thanks!

Front Door Frame
frontframe.jpg

Front Door
frontdoor.PNG

Back Door
back.PNG

Sponsored Links
The little black block is a magnet, it seems to be missing from your front door (this is why it shows as active all the time) It usually comes in the same plastic housing as the actual contact and can be screwed in place but perhaps there wasnt enough room to do this (every door is different) You just need to glue another magnet in place, just make sure you do a better job of it than the previous person.

Thanks for your reply scott1980.

I was afraid it was something like that. Doing a Google search for door contacts, I cant seem to find the same type as the one I have. They are almost all the visible contact points. Is it possible to get replacement magnets from DIY stores usually?

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all who replied and helped here.

An update; So i bought a couple of replacement door contacts and replaced the old gate contact, and installed the magnet contact on the door where there wasnt one. I wired up the gate the same as what was there. However, going through the zones I can still see that the front door is coming up as Active. I have checked and the magnet should line up and be at a good distance. Is there something else i need to do, or what am I likely to have done wrong?

Thanks!

....did you take the magnet out of the housing ? As some brands work different in how the magnet is set eg turn the magnet 90 degrees in the frame now check the zone

No, I'll give that a try. I bought Honeywell AC033 (ALA-HONEYWELL-AC033) contacts on ebay. This may sounds silly, but can the magnet be too close? I see the operating gap is 15mm.

I'll take a pic of the wiring and attach it here.

Last edited:
I just checked with a spare contact, and I can hear the gate closing when I bring the magnet (in its housing) close. And yes, as you say @sparkymarka , it only works when the magnet is 90 degrees (which the currently installed one is). Maybe the one I've installed is a dud. Will try replacing it with the one I can definitely hear.

Different brands ....change both contact and magnet ..BUT if your not even confident of taking the panel lid off then your going to have to pay for a engineer visit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back